Biggest Snow Fall in Recent Memory

Over the past 24 hours, we received about a foot of snow. This is the largest single snow fall since Polly and moved to Ney, Ohio six years ago. Not only did we get a lot of snow, but it looks like we will have bitterly cold temperatures for a few days. Low of –6 tonight and a low of –14 on Monday. We have not had lows like this in quite a few years.

Here are a few pictures I took yesterday and today. I wish I was well enough to go outside and take pictures, but I must content myself with standing at the door and taking pictures. (under strict orders from the boss)

winter 2014-001

1:30 A.M. across the street from our house.

winter 2014

What? No birds at the feeder? We do shovel around the feeder, but the snow quickly re-covered what we shoveled.

winter 2014-002

1:00 P.M. today

winter 2014-003

The bear on the wind chime told me, man I am freezing my ass off. The chimes have been singing a good bit today due to the wind.

winter 2014-004

Snow on the roof tops of the houses Polly’s dad made for her years ago. Like Polly and I, weather and cold, but still here.

1. Becky Rogers Wiren

If I didn’t have to go to work 10 miles away, I might not feel disgruntled about this snow.

Yeah, Polly works in Archbold, 21 miles away. She was dreading the drive.

2. kittybrat

Snow and ice abound! Drive home was dicey, cannot wait until tomorrow morning’s commute!
    Great pic, Bruce!
    brrrrr….

3. Pat f

Same weather here in SE Michigan. Just saw a wind chill advisory for tonight.

4. Texas Born & Bred

You guys up north must have leather for skin. I was always awed by those northern ammish farmer dudes who get up a 5, trudge through deep snow, just to milk some cows. I would only get out of bed to use the bathroom, then back to bed!

5. pgaikin

Bruce: Last night it was -27 C (which is -18 F for the metrically challenged). Wind Chill was -40C, -40F but I didn’t go out. It has snowed every day since before Christmas and I’ve snowblowed 4 times. Last year I only did it 3 times total. I just love being Canadian. By the way, did you see the Winter Classic where the Leafs played the Wings outdoors before 100,000 and they had to clear the ice about every 10 minutes? Brought back memories of my youth when we all played outdoors. Take care.

I saw highlights of the game. I love that they play it outside. I never played hockey. Never could master ice skating. (Roller skating came easy for me, but I had a hard time keeping my ankles straight when ice skating)

6. Kat

You have to admit that it’s awfully pretty, though…at least for the first day. ^_^

Keep warm, you folks!

7. Angiep

Unfortunately these weather incidents in the Midwest and East Coast give people the idea that global warming is a myth. Here in California we are way below our normal rainfall for the previous 12 months, and the reservoirs are getting low. The weather people just smile and say, “Another beautiful day ahead, sunshine and record high temperatures!” I would love to see some rain!!