Are You Interested In Telling Your Story?

marianne williamson quote

Are you interested in sharing your story? If so, I would love to post your story on The Way Forward. You can use your post as your coming out party or you can share your story anonymously.  Sometimes people sell themselves short, thinking, I am not a good writer, or who would want to read my story?  The quality of your writing is not as important as the story you have to tell. After six years of blogging, one thing I have learned is that lurkers (people who never comment publicly) are encouraged and challenged by people openly and honestly telling their story. Your story just might make a difference in the life of someone else.

If you are interested in telling your story, please contact me via the contact form. For you who have already contacted me and haven’t sent me anything…get going! (just kidding) In your time, when you are ready.

I am also interested in posting articles by people who have a science background.  I am especially interested in articles that deal with creationism, global climate change, and autobiographical articles that deal with your religious upbringing and how science forced you to re-investigate your creationist beliefs.  (sorry Creationists, no space for you. See Ken Ham)

I know many of the readers of The Way Forward still have some sort of religious faith. I am also interested in posting your story. While I am an atheist, I am interested in reading the stories of those who have been able to make religious faith or spirituality work for them.

This is my open invitation to you! I hope you will seriously consider writing a post for The Way Forward.  Guest posts are an important part of this blog. Like the special speaker at church, we need to hear a different voice from time to time. Bruce Gerencser 24/7 will, sooner or later, become boring.  I have certain subjects that I like to write about. You might have a different perspective, so please, consider writing a guest post for The Way Forward.

Thanks!

Bruce

1. Ivan

Nice idea Bruce!

2. Van

Is math allowed?

Van,

Absolutely, as long as you explain yourself for those of us, like me, who are an equation shy of a full load. :) I am very, very good at basic math. With all the memory problems I have, I still can add, subtract, multiply, divide, and do percentages in my head. (and this is why I am the grocery shopper in our house) But, as soon as you start adding letters and complex equations, I am done for.

Bruce

3. Ian

Writing guest posts has been very good for me. It has allowed me to set some things straight in my mind simply because I saw them on paper for the first time.

Even if you don’t submit everything you write (I don’t), it is a good way to state what you believe; then, when people ask, you already have set down a logical template for explaining.

Thank you Bruce, for the experience.

1. richardmarlowe236

I always enjoy your guest posts, Ian.

4. richardmarlowe236

I have had an idea for a post I wanted to write for your blog for about a month. I will try to jump on that soon.

Great!

5. Alice

I would love to do this sometime in the future Bruce. Will you periodically be offering to accept guest posts?

1. sgl

my interpretation is, this is an open-ended offer, and he’s simply reminding people that it exists. (ie, he’s mentioned the offer of guest posts before.)

his contact page says he does not accept unsolicited guest posts. however, i think he’s talking about people with blogs that try to generate money from their blogs, and try to increase their own readership by writing guest posts at various other blogs. as i understand it, is a common thing in the blogsphere. i don’t think he’s talking about regular readers of this blog that simply want to tell their story, but don’t have another platform, or have a blog but don’t try to make money from it.

What Sgl said. :) the door is always open for people who want to write a guest post. I think there are a lot of great people who read this blog, who have a story to tell.

6. gimpi

I’m thinking about suggesting to my husband that he write up a discussion he and a friend had, about how plate-tectonics make a young-earth totally impossible. It wouldn’t be about a change in belief, he’s never been overly religious, just the principles of geology and how they don’t fit with Biblical literalism. Is that the kind of thing you’re looking for?

Yep, that would be great!