Several readers have asked about reporting my previous writing. I will not be reposting my past writing, except for 20-30 old posts that I think are important and will give context to those reading my story for the first time. I want to revisit some of the things I wrote about years ago. Over the past 8 years I have changed a good bit and I think my writing should reflect this change.
Thank you for your understanding.
RSS Feed for Posts
RSS Feed for Comments
Mailing List Signup Form
There is a mailing list signup form on the right sidebar. I am using MailChimp to handle email subscriptions. If you signup for the mailing list you will receive a daily digest of every new post. The mailing list will be sent out at 6:00 P.M. Eastern every day there is a new post. You can also signup via this link. There is also a check box at the bottom of the comment form. All you need to do is check the box when you comment and you will be added to the daily digest mailing list. No matter how you sign up for the mailing list, you will receive an email verifying your email address. All you have to do is click the link in the email. If you want to unsubscribe, there will be an unsubscribe link in every email.
I am still working on the mailing list template. It looks “ok” but I want to tweak it a bit.
Mobile Device Support
I am trying a responsive theme for mobile devices rather than using WP Touch Pro. Supposedly, the theme should scale to whatever device you are using. If you are accessing this site with a smartphone, iPad, Kindle, iPod, etc, please let me know how things look. If you see any design issues or quirks, please let me know and I will do my best to fix them. You can contact me via the contact form.
I am still working on the site design. I think I have most every thing the way I want it, but I will likely fiddle with it until I break it. If you see anything that doesn’t look right, please let me know.
How to Contact Me
You can email me via the Contact Form. I will respond to you as soon as possible.
Thank you for once again reading my blog. You love and support is greatly appreciated.
High Resolution Photo
Four and a half months ago, primarily due to health problems, I stopped writing. Since then, outside of a couple of letters to the editor, I haven’t written a word about anything. Needless to say, my word cache is ready to explode.
My health has not changed. In fact, my health is worse than it was in August when I stopped blogging. It seems that whether I write or don’t write, the one constant in my life is my health.
As I ponder firing up the Bruce Gerencser writing machine, I ask myself, what do I want to do differently? Here’s what I have decided to do:
- I intend to focus on local/state/federal politics, religion, mental health issues, and photography.
- I intend to write original content.
- I intend to write my book one post at a time. When finished, if there is enough interest, I will have it published.
Here’s what I have decided not to do:
- Use social media. I will rely on readers to publicize my writing if they wish to do so.
- Accept guest posts. This is no reflection on the wonderful people who have written for me in the past. My goal is to focus on my writing. As always, my writing will be freely available to anyone who wants to use it. (with proper attribution)
- Write about my family. Outside of their appearance in my book posts, I will not be mentioning my wife, children, grandchildren, or siblings on this blog. They have a right to privacy and I intend to protect that right.
- Invest significant time in comment section discussions/debates or contact form replies. The comment section is me asking the reader, what do you think? I hope you will tell me what you think. I may respond from time to time, but don’t count on it.
I am sure there will be those who think I am a nut job, a mentally ill Evangelical preacher turned atheist. Those who know me well already know that I am a little off upstairs. As a reader of my blog, you voluntarily jump on the Bruce Gerencser crazy train. I am glad you have decided to come along for the ride, whether this is your first trip, your fourth, or your fifth. I can’t promise you anything other than it will be fun while the train wildly careens down the track.
Thank you for riding.