I want to thank everyone for the kind words and support. I appreciate you taking time to send good vibes my way. Even the prayers, I appreciate the sentiment behind them. I am overwhelmed by the love and compassion of my family and friends, even those friends I have never met face to face.

Dr. Neil Sharma did my endoscopic ultrasound. He was friendly and everything my primary care doctor said about him was true. The anesthesiologist put me to sleep with general anesthesia. It took less than five seconds for me to be off with Dorothy and Toto.

Dr. Sharma biopsied the lesion on my pancreas and biopsied several lymph nodes. These tissue samples were reviewed by the hospital pathologist and his preliminary report is no cancer.

In a few weeks, I will have my gallbladder removed. It is filled with stones. Dr. Sharma also said my stomach was inflamed but he could not determine the cause of the inflammation. ( this may or may not be the reason my SED rate is so high)

If I still am losing weight after the gallbladder is removed, Dr. Sharma would like to see things from the ass up. I had a colonoscopy in 2007 and two benign polyps were removed.

I found the Parkview Regional Hospital nursing staff to be quite friendly and helpful. As expected, two different nurses tried four times to put an IV in. I had warned them that I was a very, very, very, very hard stick. Thick skin, abnormally deep veins. As my nurse sister said, redheads are a pain in the ass to stick. Well, I was a pain in several asses.

After sticking me four times, they moved me to the pre-op area and had the IV team put my IV in. The two nurses were hilarious. One asked me if anyone called me Bruce Almighty? We laughed and then they went to work. First time, ten seconds, done.

When I have my gallbladder removed I will make sure that they call the IV team FIRST rather than using me as a human pincushion.

I am very weak and tired. My normal health problems didn’t go away, they just rode in the backseat for awhile. Tonight, they are saying HELLO, we are driving the car again.

My throat is pretty sore and the inside of my bottom lip is quite irritated. I am sure these problems will pass in a couple of days.

That’s it for now.

Again, thank you!

Bruce

1. Ahab

Best wishes, Bruce. We’re thinking about you.

2. sgl

yay!! surely this is a sign from god that you’re supposed to continue pestering fundamentalists, eh? πŸ˜‰

hopefully removing your gall bladder will make some of your other medical problems and symptoms improve too, simply due to your body fighting fewer things.

3. carol

I’m just now catching up on these last few posts.

So glad the news is no cancer. I hope it stays that way! Sorry to read you’ll have to have the gall bladder removed.

As usual, you brought me a chuckle with your writing…even in the midst of the reality of what might be / could be. It sounds like the hospital staff and your docs provide a safe place … emotionally… and that they understand. <3

I'm with you on the IV nurses and teams. I think IV teams started happening sometime in the 90s? I sure am glad for those folks…and I have good veins! lol

Much love to you and your family Bruce.

You'll continue to be in my thoughts and I'll keep sending those compassionate heart vibes…
    ((( <3 )))

4. Becky Wiren

Yay Bruce! Glad it’s not cancer. You’ll have to have surgery. Henry had some surgery there, nice people. So glad for you! (SMOOCH!)

5. Ami

I’m glad to hear that the preliminary report says not cancer.
    I hate the whole general anesthesia thing except that those surgeries were the best naps I ever had. πŸ™‚
    I’m glad you updated this evening, too.

6. christianagnostic

No fun Bruce….best wishes as your recover!

7. Doug B

This is great news, Bruce! You were on my mind all day yesterday and still are. I’m hoping you start feeling better soon.

8. Zoe

So good to hear from you. Procedures like that do take quite a toll on us. Bruce Almighty. I like that. *grin*

YIPPPPPEEEE!!!

10. Lydia

What a relief that must be!

Thanks for letting us know so quickly.

11. Dale

Great news, dude! You’ll be in my thoughts.

12. Canadian Atheist

Hallelujah. At least so far it seems like good news. I have no idea how you manage such a sense of humour amidst your own health concerns. As I read this I did literally laugh out loud several times. All the best with the recovery and the next tests.

Canadian Atheist

13. Troy

Yay! I’m so happy.
    Maybe I’m just weird, but whenever someone mentions they are having something removed I want it (I think it goes back to my h.s. bio teacher who had his mother’s lens from cataract surgery in a jar of formaldehyde.)

14. Justin

When do the Reds’ pitchers and catchers report? Couple weeks, huh? Good way to recover?

About three weeks. I am anxiously awaiting the start of the season.

15. Ian

Bruce, glad to hear it went well.

16. gimpi1

So glad you’re cancer-free. Feel better!

17. Angiep

See Bruce, you do need us…if your blog was still closed, we wouldn’t have been able to send you our messages of good will!! I’m so happy to hear it looks favorable so far. Hopefully you will get your final results soon and it will all be good!

πŸ™‚