Bruce Gerencser Poses for His Lover: Five Shocking Photographs

I always wanted to write a headline like that. On Wednesday, Polly and I celebrated our thirty-seventh wedding anniversary. We drove up to Lake Erie and the Marblehead Lighthouse to spend the day. Over the years, I have shot thousands of photographs and I am generally the photographer for most family gatherings.ย  As a result, there are not many extant photographs of me. Polly has “encouraged” me to sit still and allow her to “shoot” me. Here’s the finished product from Wednesday. Enjoy or use them to practice your dart throwing skills.

bruce gerencser 2015

bruce gerencser 2015-001

bruce gerencser 2015-004

bruce gerencser 2015-003

bruce gerencser 2015-002

1. Ian

My favorite is the last one.

1. Lydia

Same here!

Happy belated anniversary to Polly and Bruce. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. Jada

Happy Anniversary, Bruce and Polly! Love the pic of you laughing.

3. Suzanne

Happy belated anniversary! We hit the big 29th a few weeks ago ourselves. I’m always amazed these days when I see couples making it past their tenth anniversary. We’re getting to be rare animals.

4. JustinCredible

Awesome hat. ๐Ÿ™‚ we celebrated our 6th anniversary too on the 11th

5. PatF

Hot stuff!

Congratulations to you and your lovely wife. ๐Ÿ™‚

6. Scott

Happy Anniversary you two!

Scott

You look so sweet & harmless! Ashame you’re plotting America’s destruction in front of your computer everyday!! Haha!!???

The happiest of anniversaries to you & your lovely, dear wife!!

8. Gary

Happy Anniversary, Bruce!

Gary

9. Zoe

That last one is my favourite too. (((hugs))) to you both. We celebrated our 38th last month. ๐Ÿ™‚

10. Karen

I had a colleague, then in his 40s, who sported a head and beard much like yours… except Ian hadn’t gone gray yet, and his hair was about the color of a an Irish lass’s sunburn. He, um, stood out. When we traveled on business together to the South, he invariably wore T-shirts with slogans like “Life is Hell Without Zinfandel”, which garnered some interesting comments. If he and I happened to be the only California engineers on site (in Pensacola, FL) and we went out to dinner, the wait staff invariably assumed we were married; we were a heterosexual couple and arguing, so how could we be dating? Dating and marriage were the only reasons two people of the opposite sex would ever be out together…

A waitress explained this to me one night when we happened to use the restroom together. She was astounded when I explained we were both happily married to different people, we were engineers who had just come off a 15-hour shift, and we had to stay here in Pensacola until the system worked. We were arguing (collegiially) about how to get the job done, because we both wanted to go home!

But it was a paycheck.

11. Michael Mock

I am shocked! SHOCKED! Such moral terpitude! Such brazen, shameless flaunting of your body! Won’t somebody think of the children? (And — how dare you wear suspenders?!?!?!)

1. Zoe

rotflol ๐Ÿ™‚

Best wishes to you and Polly…. But the photographs! The correct way to document YOUR image as you well know is with you standing against a duly approved height-scale in a pale, dank processing cell. There is one left profile, one right and one straight on! ๐Ÿ˜‰
    (I have been married only a quarter-century and so, might feel it necessary to seek your esteemed advice one day on the finer points of heading into a half-century….. by gawwwwwd we are getting older! And as my Pentecostally-eviscerated older brother says to me on a too regular basis:
    “Hadn’t you better reconsider, while today is today!” Please note the exclamation mark instead of question mark….. *departs keyboard giggling*

13. Ami

Love the pictures, the last one is also my favorite.
    I hide behind the camera, too.

14. Lynn123

Lookin’ good, Bruce! Congrats to you both!

15. Becky Wiren

Happy anniversary Bruce and Polly! And tell Polly she did a good job, because you look great. ๐Ÿ˜‰

16. Jo Arbeiter

What a great Headline! Congrats! 37 years of marriage is quite an accomplishment!