Christians Say the Darnedest Things: How Demons Leave People

kathy degraw

It seems as though deliverance ministers are either welcomed and accepted or shunned and disliked. The church as a whole today does not want to discuss the casting out of demons and have evil spirits cast out in their churches. Furthermore, there are a lot of churches and Christians who don’t believe a Christian can have a demon. The truth is, a demon cannot infiltrate a Christian’s spirit, but it can inflict their soul—their mind, will and emotions—and their physical body and flesh.

….

Demons come out in a variety of ways including, but not limited to:

• Coughing.
  • Yawning.
  • Vomiting.
  • Breathing.
  • Burping.
  • Crying.
  • Screaming.
  • Seizures.
  • Twitching.
  • Shaking.
  • Stomach movement.
  • Visual movement

— Kathy DeGraw, Charisma News, No, Hollywood, Vomiting Isn’t the Only Way Demons Leave People, February 24, 2019

[Bruce says, Remember, the next time you burp or fart, you might be expelling a Demon.]

1. Sally

I just love the idea that next time a burp or fart happens, it is because a demon is coming out! “Begone, oh Stinky Demon! Torment me no longer!”

2. ObstacleChick

She forgot to mention explosive diarrhea.

Sorry, I just can’t deal with these people. The other day my brother posted a Charisma News article about how to cast out demons. It must be hard living an existence in which you fear demons trying to possess you all the time. I guess it gives them a hobby though.

Often, in the early dawn hour, I consume a mug of black coffee. I then expel demons before going off to work. Some resist being expelled but I curse them with grunts and Amens! until they are expelled in the name of Heyseuss! It is my very firm belief that Kathy McGraw probably expels HUGE demons after her coffee in the dawn. There are few pleasures remaining in some lives and expelling demons is certainly one of them.

4. Mark

I’ve always been very skeptical about demon possession, exorcisms, etc., but this thing about demons being expelled by farting…well, maybe it’s time for some reconsideration. I’ve been exposed to some really evil farts, and have been personally exorcised of some that had to have come from the very pits of hell. It’s troubling, but I’m starting to believe, just a little bit. Who knows where it will end?

5. TW

Oh my fucking god! I just can’t! Where do THEY get this bullshit from?! 😂😂😂😂. LOVED the other comments! ROTFL!

6. Appalachian Agnostic

As they say, better out than in.

7. Michael Mock

How demons leave people? This is the question, yes?

Well, the polite ones will generally tell you in advance, give you time to find a new roommate, maybe do one last load of dishes before they put the boxes in the truck and head off into the sunset. Less considerate demons have been known to leave people with nothing more than a text or an answering machine message, which can be really tough to deal with. Nowadays, of course, there’s also the practice of ghosting – where you just come home one day and find that they’re gone. Nobody ghosts people like a demon.

My advice? Next time, date a werewolf instead.

8. Kris

In fairness some farts have a sulfur smell to them 😉

9. Trenton

Im going to her church next time I need to expel some demons. Bonus points for getting everyone’s attention and an automatic win if there is a half crazed mississippi squirrel involved.

10. mary g

the crazy just keeps going! grew up w/people believing demons were everywhere. scary to a kid. but I realized it was all bunk about the time I hit my teen years. they even believed demons caused church services to not go as planned, or caused people to miss church. how people can believe this in our current time is just unreal.

11. Troy

Notably missing is being birthed/(vaginally delivered) by a red woman and having the face of Stannis Baratheon.