Happy Thanksgiving

john-piper-thanksgiving

I hope you and yours have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Eat, drink, and be merry. And watch some football too. Tell John Piper to go f**k himself. Is there anything that Fundamentalists won’t try to ruin? That’s a rhetorical question, by the way.

I don’t plan to do much, if any, writing over the next few days.

Thank you, for your love, kindness, and support.

signature

1. Melissa A Montana

I agree totally with your comment. Happy Thanksgiving to you, Polly, and your family. : )

2. GeoffT

What’s thanksgiving?

Lol just kidding (though there’s no UK equivalent) 😄

Have a good’un

3. Zoe

Happy Thanksgiving Bruce, Polly and family.

Nice of John Piper to get out the shame shaker and sprinkle it over everything.

4. Scott

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

This piece is the theme for the year from conservative Christians. Yesterday on one of the local “Muslims, Gays, Commies and Ocasio-Cortez is Going to Get US!” stations, oops “Christian” radio, the morning host on “Mornings with Carmen” and one the former hosts, a professor at Northwest “University”, the home of the radio station, talked about wondering why atheists celebrate Thanksgiving. Their main point was since we’ll end up dead and gone, why be thankful for another and oh yeah, only fools, etc.

The “misogynistic, homophobic poo flinging yahoos” at “Pulpit and Pen” have an article doing the same thing. He states that atheists are trying to appropriate the holiday and we should just go back to work and create our own holidays.

I think the fact that they’re losing members faster than they can grasp is causing them to lash out and get nasty. Most atheists treat this holiday just like the religious, as a day to get together with family and friends. There is no war against Thanksgiving,

5. Lydia

Happy Thanksgiving!

6. Brunetto Latini

Happy Thanksgiving, Bruce!

What do you do about people who won’t take your advice? I don’t watch football. The players wear too much padding to be attractive. Will be watching movies instead.

7. Brian Vanderlip

As my wife and I were leaving San Francisco Monday last, we noted the buldge of travelers lining up to be undressed and x-rayed. The line appeared to me to be the length of a football field and it was only six a.m. I was informed by my love that the biggest travel days in USA are at this time of year on each side of Thanksgiving. So, unless SFO is always like it was on Monday, then we were witnessing the beginning of the travel crush of the year. It was a bit scary to think what the following days would add to the density level at airports, bus and train stations!
    Up here in the chilly north, B.C. is hovering a few blips below freezing and all is quiet this morning but for the fan in the wood stove and the crackle of pine, fir and a bit of apple wood. I am thankful to have another day as it is. I will not list my various ails because they pale in comparison to what you endure, Bruce. I wish you, Polly and the hoarde a very peaceful time together. The pie sounds like Yes, I’ll take a second helping! Happy Thanksgiving bloggers!

8. Brian Vanderlip

Go fuck yourself, John Piper. Why do you love to torture yourself and others?

9. Steve Ruis

There is nothing good that isn’t claimed as a gift from their god. I read a lecture today in which a preacher claimed that religious freedom was a gift from god. A Baptist if I recall right, so this is one of the “believe in me or burn in Hell” religions.

Religious freedom labeled as a gift from god, my ass. If one can consider something ripped from desperate grasping hands a gift, then this might be believable.

10. ObstacleChick

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

11. Angiep59

Brian Vanderlip: I can’t think of anything more unpleasant than SFO during the holidays. What a contrast to your beautiful, peaceful BC retreat!

1. Brian Vanderlip

Peaceful, oh yes but the temperature this morning is about 3 degrees F! I am burning a ten pound stump piece of fatwood I almost saved just for its smell, heavy heady fir. Once it takes to flame it burns like an oil fire and generates such heat that the fire’s demand for oxygen to add to the combustion, begins to shake the woodstove sometimes! It’s the dance one dreams of on a cold, dark-deep dawn…
      As for SFO, my wife and I joined another long line after the transportation safety (SIC) bunch were through with us, at Peets Coffee and then watched from our gate as the jets lined up at hold-short on the runway: Seven, no eight, no, nine now… best to you and yours, Angiep59.

12. Reverend Greg

Gluttony: the sin Christians not only ignore, but celebrate.

1. Brian Vanderlip

Hilarious truth, Rev. Greg!