- Drinking leads to drunkenness
- The Bible condemns strong drink
- In Bible times what Christians drank was sub-alcoholic, basically purified water
- It will call others to stumble
- It harms ours bodies which are the Lord’s
- Alcohol is addictive
- Believers are kings and priests separated unto God
Are you ready, contestants? It’s time to play The Evangelical Never, Ever Game.
Using David Brown’s “logic”, I can come to the following conclusion:
- Eating food leads to gluttony
- The Bible condemns gluttony
- Gluttony will cause others to stumble
- Gluttony harms our bodies
- Eating food is addictive
Conclusion? Don’t eat food.
Wasn’t that fun? Let’s play another round.
- Sex leads to fornication and adultery
- The Bible condemns fornication and adultery
- Fornication and adultery will cause others to stumble
- Fornication and adultery harms our bodies (not really, but Christians think they do)
- Sex is addictive
Conclusion? Don’t have sex.
Isn’t this game fun? Feel free to continue playing the game in the comment section.
David Brown is the pastor of First Baptist Church of Oak Creek, Wisconsin. You can check out his blog here. If you peruse the church’s website, be prepared to step back in time to Windows 95. The church is King James only. Brown calls himself Doctor, but I was unable to find anything that said where he earned his doctorate. Since fundamentalist Baptists are notorious for having bogus or worthless doctorates, I decided to not call Brown, Dr. Brown.