Is voting Democrat an evil act in God’s eyes?
The question raised is a most serious question, especially for those who seek to follow Jesus.
Today’s Democratic Party completely rejects Biblical teaching on morality and human nature – that man’s fallen nature cannot handle great power. Rather, it embraces pagan ideas, including the state being supreme. As such they work to shift power (responsibility and control) away from the smaller governing spheres of individual, family, church, community, etc. to higher and higher governing levels, including unaccountable international bodies.
The Democratic Party platforms and actions present an agenda that includes:
- Abortion with no limits.
- Doctor-assisted suicide for those deemed as not worthy of normal legal protections.
- Rejecting of God’s design of marriage and creation of male and female, thus exploiting and indeed creating sexual and gender confusion.
- Destructive life-altering hormone and surgical procedures in children of all ages.
- Creating destabilizing unrest and divisions among Americans, with current efforts dividing by wealth, skin color, gender and sexuality.
- Disenfranchising legal voters through weakening voting laws
- Greater state control of individual healthcare decisions.
- Suppressing the Christian-informed conscience.
- Producing godless citizens through public schools where children are essentially drafted into the front lines of their war against God.
While some may claim that this column advocates for a theocracy, a theocracy goes much further than using a religious book as a guide for morality and good governing practices. A theocracy dictates religious beliefs and practices. The fact is it is the Democratic Party that is all too eager to force and coerce its pagan beliefs and practices on the entire population.
— Mark Shepard, Renew America, Is voting Democrat an evil act in God’s eyes?, October 7, 2021