Shelton Smith,editor of the Independent Fundamentalist Baptist (IFB) paper, Sword of the Lord, sent out the following tweet today:
- Andrew Sluder, pastor of Bible Baptist Church, Asheville, North Carolina
- Jeff Fugate, pastor of Clays Mill Road Baptist Church,Lexington, Kentucky, president of Commonwealth Baptist College
- William Tyson, pastor of Woodlawn Baptist Church, Bowie, Maryland
- Greg Neal, pastor Immanuel Baptist Church, Jacksonville, Florida, president of Berean Baptist College
- Dave Noffsinger, pastor of Maranatha Baptist Church, Oak Grove, Kentucky
- Evangelist Justin Cooper
- Bob Gray Sr, retired pastor Longview Baptist Temple, Longview, Texas
- Evangelist John Hamblin
all thought Smith’s tweet was so wonderful that they they made it a favorite.
I have a modern day story for Shelton Smith and his merry band of let ’em starve but make sure they pray the sinner’s prayer preachers. Maybe they will recognize what book the story is from:
But he, willing to justify himself, said unto Jesus, And who is my neighbour?
And Jesus answering said, A certain man went down from Murfreesboro to Nashville and rummaged in dumpster to find a morsel of food to eat.
And by chance there came down Shelton Smith that way: and when he saw him, he sent out a tweet to his peeps, not bothering to stop, lend a hand, or buy him a meal.
And likewise another IFB fundamentalist, when he was at the place, came and looked on him, and said “is there not a rescue mission this man can go to?”
But a certain man, as he journeyed, came where he was: and when he saw him, he had compassion on him,
And went to him, bought him a meal, brought him to a Motel Six, and took care of him.
And on the morrow when he departed, he took out 50.00 and gave it to the motel owner, and said unto him, Take care of him; and whatsoever thou spendest more, when I come again, I will repay thee.
Which now of these three, thinkest thou, was neighbour unto him that had fallen on hard times?
And he said, He that shewed mercy on him. Then said Jesus unto him, Go, and do thou likewise.