The Sounds of Fundamentalism: Christian Break Dancing by The Way International Singers

breaking dancing jesus

This is the thirty-ninth installment in The Sounds of Fundamentalism series. This is a series that I would like readers to help me with. If you know of a video clip that shows the crazy, cantankerous, or contradictory side of Evangelical Christianity, please send me an email with the name or link to the video. Please do not leave suggestions in the comment section.  Let’s have some fun!

Today’s Sound of Fundamentalism is a clip from a music video by a singing group for The Way International.

Video Link

Series Navigation<< The Sounds of Fundamentalism: Five Reasons Not to Vote for Barack Obama by Janet PorterThe Sounds of Fundamentalism: You Don’t Like Christian America? Get Out! by Dennis Terry >>

This absolutely proves that demons are real and dressing blue. The moonwalk is stunning!

2. Becky

Their outfits don’t go with their act.

3. Ian

Holy white men, Batman!! That was awful.

At least the women had on modest dresses.

4. J.D. Matthews

That was whiter than bird shit.

5. Angiep

I may be the only person who listened to the lyrics. They said we can walk above “principalities.” I heard that term a lot but never knew what it meant. Can someone explain? I always thought it was something to do with deities or vague authority figures. Just one of those bible terms we bandy about without thinking about it.

1. Michael Mock

In the Bible, it can be used to mean Earthly authorities, but it usually refers to angels (including fallen angels and/or demons). In a couple of cases, the term appears to refer to a specific group or order of angels.

http://biblehub.com/ephesians/6-12.htm (Check the King James translation — the first few use “authorities” instead.)

Or, here (but take this one with a grain of salt):

6. Trenton

You really have to live in a hole/box/under a rock/true christianity™ to think that was any good.

You are absolutely spot-on, Trenton.
      On the other hand, this bunch
      is truly inspired from above and some of the best stuff I have ever been fortunate enough to witness.
      Some days true Art just floors me, makes me cry tears of shock and delight. Eminem is nothing compared with this group.

1. Michael Mock

I wasn’t quite sure what you were leading up to with that kind of intro, but that did not disappoint. It made me cry tears, too.

You’re not, by any chance, the same Brian who posted that on YouTube, are you?