The Sounds of Fundamentalism: Washing Our Feet in Sodomite Blood, Praising God by Steven Anderson

steven anderson family

Steven and Zsuzsanna Anderson and their eight children. November 2015

This is the seventy-fourth installment in The Sounds of Fundamentalism series. This is a series that I would like readers to help me with. If you know of a video clip that shows the crazy, cantankerous, or contradictory side of Evangelical Christianity, please send me an email with the name or link to the video. Please do not leave suggestions in the comment section.  Let’s have some fun!

Today’s Sound of Fundamentalism is a clip from a sermon preached Steven Anderson, pastor of Faithful Word Baptist Church, Tempe, Arizona. Note all the children on the front rows.

Video Link

Series Navigation<< The Sounds of Fundamentalism: The Filthy Sodomites Are At War With Us by Steven AndersonThe Sounds of Fundamentalism: Once Saved, Always Saved by Billy Kelly >>

1. Recovering Fundie

Bruce, this guy has such a hateful message, are you not worried that giving this hateful, bigoted bastard more attention only fuels him? I think he thinks that the only bad publicity is no publicity.

2. J.D. Matthews

I wonder about this sometimes. I honestly think Stevie is an attention whore who will say anything for a little notoriety. He loves being on TV and getting interviewed for talk shows. No one is spying on him. These are videos that he personally puts on YouTube for public consumption. He wants people to see him, and he LOVES the notoriety. He’s like every insecure narcissist out there: completely unhappy unless someone is “persecuting” him.

3. Rachel

Someone as hate-filled and shouty about it as this man is in denial. . .My guess is, within a year or two, he’ll be found in a compromising position with a rent-boy. He wouldn’t be the first.

4. J.D. Matthews

So much can be learned just from looking at body language. This photo is an interesting case study. There are only a few genuine smiles here, and one of them is NOT the wife’s. Her face screams depression. Look at how her body arches AWAY from him. She looks supremely uncomfortable next to him. The looks on the faces of the oldest boy and girl just scream “I want to vanish into thin air as soon as humanly possible.” The one son is CLEARLY not comfortable being on his father’s lap.

And how many of those kids are bow-legged? Are we sure they’re getting enough to eat/proper nutrition?

5. Suzanne

The Anderson’s have 9 kids now. Also I know someone who is digging into Anderson’s financial situation at the church. Don’t be surprised if it comes out he’s a lying liar with squishy finances..

6. John Arthur

Hi Bruce,

Anderson is a crackpot whose hatred towards gays and lesbians knows no bounds. People , like Anderson, who fill their lives with hatred towards minorities are doing severe damage to their emotional well-being. If Anderson wants to do this to himself, okay, but the trouble is he is stirring up hatred in fellow Fundamentalists and doing damage to their emotional well being.

Shalom,

John Arthur

7. eric decker

Anderson has planned congregations in the Netherlands, Ireland and Sweden, coming May. There’s talk of denying him access to the country. I pity his nine children, having to live with the hatred this man spreads. Reminds me of the nine children of Goebbels. Look what happened to them.