The Sounds of Fundamentalism: God Intervened and Made Donald Trump President by Robert Jeffress

robert jeffress

This is the one hundred and forty-fifth installment in The Sounds of Fundamentalism series. This is a series that I would like readers to help me with. If you know of a video clip that shows the crazy, cantankerous, or contradictory side of Evangelical Christianity, please send me an email with the name or link to the video. Please do not leave suggestions in the comment section.  Let’s have some fun!

Today’s Sound of Fundamentalism is a video clip of Robert Jeffress, pastor of First Baptist Church, Dallas Texas telling Marcus Lamb that God intervened in the 2016 Presidential Election and made Donald Trump President.

Video Link

Series Navigation<< The Sounds of Fundamentalism: Women Protesting Trump Presidency Are Evil, Filled with DemonsThe Sounds of Fundamentalism: He’s a Personal Savior by Gaither Vocal Band >>

1. Lynn 123

A miracle from God? And I thought it was the actual votes from actual people.

I guess that scary music is supposed to cause fear? I’m picturing a video of me putting a roast in the oven, then adding that music at the end. Should my husband eat it? We’ll find out in the next episode!

2. Stephanie

This is way scary……

3. Troy

I actually think he is correct, but not for the reasons he is thinking. Robert Jeffress no doubt is incorrectly thinking along the lines of the divine rights of kings. The ancient Greeks knew their gods derived their power from their worshipers. All divine power is derived from human beings. Did the rabid evangelical vote win it for Trump? Very likely, but obviously not divine intervention.

4. howitis

Another reason to hate the “god” the fundies worship….

5. Monty

So I wonder how he feels now that Trump is keeping the order for LBGT protection on the job?

1. oldbroad1

hummmm, I hope he has an apoletic fit and expires of a heart attack. Sorry – not feeling so”forgiving”
      this evening

6. oldbroad1

Holy Shit! crazy ass shit this is! sorry folks – I am not feeling so charitbul and nice these days.

7. JR

Donald Trump has used the same tactics that dictators throughout history have to gain power. Idiots who see him as God’s man are blind.

He appeals to people’s fear and hatred to gain votes. Bans muslims from certain countries from entering the country to be seen to be standing up to islam but he allows Saudis in! Nearly all 9/11 terrorists were Saudi. Why not ban them? Money. Saudi means money for America and probably money for Trumps business. He is a double minded power hungry dangerous idiot. If your god is for him – well that says a lot about your God.